Friday, February 12, 2010

Crepe Connection

All this talk about crepes and Paris, reminds me that we have a crepe place in Namma Bengaluru. I went to their Garuda Mall outlet yesterday though I didn't try enough here to write a full post :(

They have a variety of vegetarian and non vegetarian crepes along with waffles, pancakes, dessert crepes and finger foods. I tried the Popeye's Special (spinach and corn in a cheese sauce. Rs 70) and Sweet November (Stewed apples with cinnamon flavouring and vanilla ice cream. Rs. 80). I was a bit apprehensive about the Popeye's Special, having never tried a crepe combo of this nature, but it was surprisingly good. Tasted like a spinach and corn lasagna stuffed inside the crepe. I had high hopes for the Sweet November but that was little bit of a dampner. The apple was a tad oversweet and the cinammon flavouring not strong enough. The quantities are decent and while one crepe might not fill your tummy, it will serve as a pretty heavy snack (Two crepes should easily qualify as a full meal).

They have a variety of other crepes there and I intend to go back and have a shot at trying them all (The place is a tad pricey and my account very empty, so sadly the going back might not happen very soon). They also have some combo deals and breakfast packages. The combos didn't sound great but I must go try them out before condemning them.

Location: Garuda Mall, Oasis Mall
Prices: Crepes are priced between Rs. 50-90. A meal here shouldn't cost you more than Rs.150.

2 comments:

Radhika said...

ok i thought one crepe was very filling!

皮東 said...

Since it is the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.............................................

Post a Comment