Monday, September 27, 2010

Baker Street Again!

Living in Chennai has a few advantages (as hard as that is to believe) and proximity to Pondi is one of them. Taking advantage of a lazy weekend and the availability of a car, I headed Pondi-wards. Gluttony raised its familiar head and I spent an astonishing amount of time eating. Thankfully, this means more fodder for the blog. Last time I was at Baker's Street, I gave this place a glowing review. I dragged Edward, Jiggy and the Mamis to see if this place was worthy of the same. It gives me much joy to report that the place is just as good. While I covered most of the dishes in the last review, I think the pain au chocolat deserves a special mention. The memory of this flaky, buttery, chocolate filled puff pastry still makes me smile. The butter croissant and chocolate twister are also worthy options but I still suggest you go with the pain au chocolat (It's like Ganguly and Dravid, good batsmen in their own right, paling in comparison to Tendulkar). The veggie calzone was pretty decent, although I wish they would go a little easy on the cheese.

If you are ever in Pondicherry, this is one place you shouldn't miss.

1 comment:

quirkygirl said...

Hey Shruti,

I dunno if you are still in Pondicherry. In case you are, DO NOT MISS Choco La! http://www.facebook.com/pages/EBONY-FOODS-Choco-la/154986527440?v=wall&ref=ts

The have a mind blowing collection of chocolates. And the hot chocolate drink there is to die for!

Post a Comment